Powerslave Guild Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Boladon - 56 Cleric

2 posters

Go down

Boladon - 56 Cleric Empty Boladon - 56 Cleric

Post by Boladon Sun Jan 17, 2016 2:19 pm

1. Please provide the Name, Class, and Race of the main character you have that you would be interested in raiding with. Please list your alts characters in the order you would prefer to play them. Also note that we currently allow 3 raid toons, a main and 2 alts, set in stone that can only be changed with officer approval:

Main - Boladon - 56 Dwarf Cleric

Alt - Kolanar - 55 Dark Elf Enchanter

I plan to roll a rogue once I have my first two characters at 60. I would likely also want to raid with this character, possibly as a main over the cleric, but could always have both at raids.

2. Ideally, how many nights a week on average you would like to spend raiding?

3-5 days a week. The schedule that Powerslave has is very similar to my last raiding crews schedule, although it is EST rather than PST, so I expect myself to be able to keep up.

3(a). Generally speaking Powerslave raids during the week(Mon-Thur) 8pm - 12:00am Eastern time & on the weekend(Sundays), 6pm - 10pm Eastern. What nights would you be unable to raid?
3(b). Given our normal raiding times, what days would you need to start late or leave early? Please provide the date, expected depart/arrival time.

I would technically be able to make every day of these raids, but since I am PST time zone and work until 7PST, I would be late to nearly every weekday raid. I could easily be on shortly after 10EST, as my commute is short. Depending on how busy work is, I also could probably swing a few raids while I'm at work, as long as not being in voice chat would be acceptable.

I would be willing to have my characters camped wherever they would be needed so I wouldn't have to spend extra time running them. Weekends should be fine, my Sundays are generally spent pantsless in my apartment.

4. Describe your play-style, for example are you ultra-competitive, very social, a loner, etc.

On a gameplay/raiding front, I've been hardcore in almost every MMO I've played, aside from EQ live back in the day. Looking to wind down a bit from that after having just wrapped up a stint of FFXIV raiding. Especially with EQ, having a set raid schedule is ideal, and from what I've heard from your members and friends that are already in Powerslave, the mentality and attitude matches up with what I would like in a guild for a server such as this.

I'm fairly social in game as well, and am always up for chatting and helping people out or exchanging information (grouping as well!). I'm not the type (anymore) to sit in vent and just chat all day, but definitely wouldn't say I try to avoid conversation in any way.

5. Were you recruited by someone specifically? If so who?

Datsyukia/Laarkin is an RL buddy and got me playing on P2002 and interested in Powerslave.

6. Do you have any friends, or have any particular association with any current Powerslave members? If so, who?

In addition to Laarkin, I've played with Annie (I need to give you back your insta-clickie, don't let me forget!)

7. What Guild(s) are you in, or have you been a part of? Please indicate any guild you plan to continue to be a member of while also a member of Powerslave.

I haven't been in any other guilds on this server, and don't plan to be.

8. What prompted you apply to join our guild?

Mostly being berated by Laarking to play, but also a really big desire to experience post-Kunark raid content. I played P99 for the 4 years of neverending Kunark and quit before Velious because of boredom and becoming sick of that server's playstyle and community. Everything I have heard so far is very appealing in terms of how the guild is structured/run, the schedule, and the goals of the guild. Would definitely like to contribute in any way I can while having fun killing stuff.

9. How long have you been playing EQ?

Played since Kunark on live in '00, and went all the way up to GoD. Never really raided or had much on live. Played P99 hardcore for 4 years, and have played on other emulated servers and even on live now (/puke) for a few weeks just to see what its like.

10. Have you played any other MMO's? If so, which ones?

A lot. DAOC, WoW, GW, GW2, FFXI, FFXIV. The only one's I played for any real length of time other than EQ were WoW and FFXIV. Did the whole raid scene for those games.

11. Have you read the rules for joining our guild? They are found by clicking [here]. Do you agree to follow these rules? If not, please explain.

Yes and yes.

12. What is your RL age and location (Time Zone specifically)?

28 living in LA (PST).

13. What, if any, tradeskills are you involved in?

Have not gotten around to tradeskills yet, but I plan get on those once I at least have my characters at 60 and not wearing tattered skullcaps. Likely would be related to ring/shawl quests.

14. How do you plan to contribute to the guild? How do you expect the guild to help you?

As in all of my guilds in EQ and other games, it's always been a mutual thing for me. I love to help out when people ask with any sort of content or questions, and with a disgustingly large knowledge of EQ content, I hope I can be of service if I can be, whether that be through helping others get drops or exp, or just answering questions that people might not know. I'd hope the guild would be able to do the same for me, but all in all I'm really just looking for people to have around to have fun with and work together to do anything and everything the server has to offer. Whether I'm befitting directly or not, it's not a huge deal to me. I'd also request help getting up to speed on Velious, as I may have done my fair share of reading while waiting for it to drop on P99, but since I've never really set foot into the raiding scene in person, I might have some questions!

15. Why do Halflings eat all the blueberry pie?

Boladon

Back to top Go down

Boladon - 56 Cleric Empty Re: Boladon - 56 Cleric

Post by Tollen Sun Jan 17, 2016 3:16 pm

Welcome,

Not in voice chat is not a deal breaker, but a larger concern would be how much you can focus while at work. being a main clr we would need you in chain, and don't want any un expected afk cause your boss walked in mid CH chain.

Otherwise we are very flexible, most raids don't last much longer then 11pm EST, but being late isn't an issue if you put in the effort to be near targets before hand.

also as a reminder, main swapping can only happen once per expansion. fyi

get with myself or tolixs sometime today try and get you tagged

Tollen
Officers
Officers

Back to top Go down