Powerslave Guild Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bolvar Application

2 posters

Go down

Bolvar Application Empty Bolvar Application

Post by Bolvar Wed Mar 01, 2017 5:40 pm

1. Please provide the Name, Class, and Race of the main character you have that you would be interested in raiding with. Please list your alts characters in the order you would prefer to play them. Also note that we currently allow 3 raid toons, a main and 2 alts, set in stone that can only be changed with officer approval:

Main - Bolvar - 60 Ogre Shadow Knight

Alt - Thrall - 60 Ogre Shaman
Alt - Medivh - 59 Erudite Enchanter

Sub Alts

Murrachan - 60 High Elf Cleric
Katrana - 60 Catfromspace Beast Lord
Succubus - 60 Dark Elf Necromancer
Tokenhotchick (shared with girlfriend) - 60 High Elf Magician
Meso Thorny - 57 Halfling Druid

Sub sub alts

Aegon - 51 Iksar Monk
Loot Whore - 51 Wood Elf Bard
John Wick - 42 Human Ranger
Daemon - 41 Iksar Warrior
Khadgar - 31 High Elf Wizard
Jaqen - 26 Barbarian Rogue

2. Ideally, how many nights a week on average you would like to spend raiding?

About 3

3(a). Generally speaking Powerslave raids during the week(Sun-Thur) 8pm - 12:00am Eastern time. What nights would you be unable to raid?

Unable on most Tuesdays, Thursdays, and about half of Sundays.

3(b). Given our normal raiding times, what days would you need to start late or leave early? Please provide the date, expected depart/arrival time.

I'd like to commit to the full raid every time, however if my girlfriend comes home (normally around 9:30 EST) and starts spamming taunt; I'll need to go. She is capable of generating more aggro than a fully buffed / hasted ranger.

4. Describe your play-style, for example are you ultra-competitive, very social, a loner, etc.

I don't really expect or ask for a lot of help (one of the main reasons for my army of characters). I recently started farming higher end items from Cazic Thule and similarly challenging dungeons. Although I feel I'm getting decently good at it; I don't really enjoy it.

5. Were you recruited by someone specifically? If so who?

No, I've been on the server a pretty long time and have been asked why I've never applied though.

6. Do you have any friends, or have any particular association with any current Powerslave members? If so, who?

I've grouped with Atno several times and really admire his skill level. Tollen has helped me with a lot of advice, tradeskill combines, and even tossed some upgrades my way throughout my time here.

7. What Guild(s) are you in, or have you been a part of? Please indicate any guild you plan to continue to be a member of while also a member of Powerslave.

I am not in any guild, and have never joined a guild.

8. What prompted you apply to join our guild?

I'd like to see raid content, and am finally confident enough in my boxing ability / general game knowledge to think I'll be able to somewhat keep pace.

9. How long have you been playing EQ?

My dad bought the game in 99 after reading about it in a magazine. I was in elementary school and loved to play, but as a kid only ever made it to about level 20. By the time PoP rolled around I was old enough to research stuff online and really play the game. I leveled a cleric up, and remember spending a lot of time in BoT. I can recall some really intense moments with the mini bosses; mainly when I'd barely get a CH off with the tank at ~2% health.

I started on this server shortly after Kunark was released.

10. Have you played any other MMO's? If so, which ones?

I followed my dad's EQ guild (he paid for my subscriptions) to DAoC, City of Heroes, back to EQ, then World of Warcraft where the guild disbanded. I only was a serious raider in Vanilla WoW, and Cataclysm.

11. Have you read the rules for joining our guild? They are found by clicking Here - and Here. Do you agree to follow these rules? If not, please explain.

Yes, and yes.

(12/29/16 addition) 72 Man raid limit

12. What is your RL age and location (Time Zone specifically)?

27, Michigan (EST time zone)

13. What, if any, tradeskills are you involved in?

None really. Sunk a few k into Alchemy to make damage shield potions for power leveling but didn't stick with it.

14. How do you plan to contribute to the guild? How do you expect the guild to help you?

My primary play time is during the regular work day. This gives me advantage on some spawns. For example I currently have quest items to turn-in and spawn 3 horror constructs in Cazic Thule, or get 3 FT III medallions. I am also very willing to help with group content. I could also help port groups around with my druid alt.

I'd like some assistance with my epics (not the SK, I'll never get that one). It's hard to even find info on what steps can be skipped, what steps are broken, etc... I'd also like to be able to tag along and help out on raids. I don't really desire to be the best geared character on the server. I imagine some things the guild sees as junk would be treasure to a player like me.

15. Why do Halflings get an xp bonus when they are awesome to begin with ?

Bolvar

Back to top Go down

Bolvar Application Empty Re: Bolvar Application

Post by Bolvar Sun Mar 05, 2017 12:48 pm

If there is some indecision going on, I would be willing to Main my cleric Murrachan if it meant being able to raid with you guys. He currently has ft6 and over 3k mana unbuffed. No BoA (just aego), and no epic (only have the 4 pearlescent frags from skyfire atm). I played clr on live (albeit as an adolescent) and could handle CH chains and stuff like that without any modern conveniences like voice chat. Should be a breeze now.

Bolvar

Back to top Go down

Post by Tollen Sun Mar 05, 2017 5:29 pm

Hello, sorry for delayed reply.

1. If your not aware see post we are still closed on recruiting atm.

2. "Unable on most Tuesdays, Thursdays, and about half of Sundays." This would mean you would maybe make 20% of our raids.

I know our current rule set says raiding is not required to be a member. this has changed.

until 1, and 2 change i'm afraid you would not be a good fit for us. Thank you for your app, please leave it here and keep us updated if things change on you're end.

Most of our members don't play during your prime time, but if you are on around 8est ask around if you need help with epics or if there is any pug action going on.

Tollen
Officers
Officers

Back to top Go down

Post by Tollen Sun Mar 05, 2017 11:29 pm

If you want to arrange some Construct kills we can work something out

Tollen
Officers
Officers

Back to top Go down