Powerslave Guild Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Vikrogue -- 60 Rogue

3 posters

Go down

Vikrogue -- 60 Rogue Empty Vikrogue -- 60 Rogue

Post by Vikrum2083 Tue Apr 04, 2017 2:57 pm

1.      Please provide the Name, Class, and Race of the main character you have that you would be interested in raiding with. Please list your alts characters in the order you would prefer to play them.  Also note that we currently allow 3 raid toons, a main and 2 alts, set in stone that can only be changed with officer approval:

Main – Vikrogue – 60 Rogue

Alt – Viknecro – 60 Necro

Alt – Vikdruid – 60 Druid

Others:

Vikbard – 54 Bard

Vikwarrior – 50 Warrior

Vikbeast – Currently leveling 17 Beastlord

Vikenc – Currently leveling 17 Enc

2. Ideally, how many nights a week on average you would like to spend raiding?

I'll raid the amount of nights the guild is running a raid. That being said, ideally, I'd prefer 3 nights a week. For the majority of my adult raiding life I've raided on a 3 night a week schedule.

3(a). Generally speaking Powerslave raids during the week(Sun-Thur) 8pm - 12:00am Eastern time. What nights would you be unable to raid?

Between Sun and Thursday there are no nights I am unavailable to raid. Raiding 4 nights in a row would draw heavy wife aggro, but as long as that happens rarely (which I'm led to believe is the case – if ever) I can raid any days from Sun-Thurs reliably.

3(b). Given our normal raiding times, what days would you need to start late or leave early? Please provide the date, expected depart/arrival time.

Again zero issues here. I don't know that I'd never need to schedule a night that you guys could expect me to routinely arrive late or leave early. There might be a night here or there that I'd have to take my dog out to use the restroom, but I can't stress how infrequent that would be and it would almost always be about 2 hours'ish into the raid. If there is ever going to be a night where I would need to arrive late or leave early the guild would have a fairly significant heads up from me of needing to do so.

4. Describe your play-style, for example are you ultra-competitive, very social, a loner, etc.

I'd say I'm a pretty hardcore player. I don't really know a middle ground. I'm in no way an elitist, but I do like to be on the bleeding edge of stuff. My entire app I'll refer back to when I raided in WoW hardcore for about 4 years because that is about the most experience I have in raiding in MMOs. While my guild was extremely competitive and organized we weren't chasing server firsts. If they happened (and they did) great, if not, no big deal. Ultimately I enjoy being helpful. So if someone needs help with something, or the guild needs me to play a different character, etc, I'm your man. That's just how I am. I'm perfectly fine playing alone, but also enjoy getting into a good guild for the comradery and the sense of accomplishment one can achieve from a well-structured raiding group.

5. Were you recruited by someone specifically? If so who?

Laarkin.

6. Do you have any friends, or have any particular association with any current Powerslave members? If so, who?

Is it presumptuous to say Laarkin? Hah. He approached me a few weeks ago about the possibility of joining on my Rogue. Since that time we've been chatting back and forth and he has helped me with the final fight of my Rogue epic, and a few other things. He's a very nice guy and a tremendous representative of your guild. Also please forgive the spelling but a Utinen (tank) and Daagra (I'm way off here – a Necro) came to help with the Rogue fight. Daagra unfortunately missed out on the action thanks to Laarkin's damage output and murdered the General entirely too fast!

7. What Guild(s) are you in, or have you been a part of? Please indicate any guild you plan to continue to be a member of while also a member of Powerslave.

No guilds on this server. So for me it's PS or bust.

8. What prompted you apply to join our guild?

Laarkin messaging me. I knew I'd eventually want to raid on this server, but when he approached me I truly didn't know when that time would come. After talking with him a good while, I felt it would be a great opportunity for me and decided to proceed with an attempt at getting into PS.

9. How long have you been playing EQ?

Hrm on this server since February. In total I played from 2000 until about 20005 consistently. That time consisted mostly of solo stuff on my Necro. I tipped my toes into raiding back then but ultimately did extremely little. I feel like I have a lot to learn about EQ in terms of raiding, questing, camps and the like. However when it comes to how to behave and represent one self in EQ I feel I'm a veteran. Even though I played EQ in my middle teen years back between 2000 – 2005 I had a uncle who got me into EQ and showed me the way. How to care about your name in the ranks of the server. Basically how to act. I don't expect to join PS and just start reaping rewards. I know I'll have to put the time and effort in to get to where I want to be. I know you guys and most of the well versed EQ community believes in "we'll help people who want to help themselves." I'm not looking for handouts.

10. Have you played any other MMO's? If so, which ones?

A lot. How many can I sit and talk to someone about in depth? Let's see…EQ, WoW, FF11, FF14, LotR Online. By far my most experience is in WoW. Trust me I hated leaving EQ for WoW back in 05-06'ish but all my friends had jumped shipped – so I caved too. I wish I had the experience in EQ that I do from WoW.

11. Have you read the rules for joining our guild? They are found by clicking Here - and Here. Do you agree to follow these rules? If not, please explain.

Yes and absolutely.

(12/29/16 addition) 72 Man raid limit

Link doesn't work for me. Hope I didn't miss something important.

12. What is your RL age and location (Time Zone specifically)?

33, Tennessee. The central time zone part.

13. What, if any, tradeskills are you involved in?

At present none. On my Necro back in the day I did accomplish the shawl quest. I've started some cooking on this server but I forgot about the extremely high amount of clicking it takes. At present my goal is to get my alts (bst/enc) to 60 and eventually start some professions. But if I'm being honest it's not high on my list. However if something was needed I'd be willing to take up the slack and accomplish whatever it was.

14. How do you plan to contribute to the guild? How do you expect the guild to help you?

What I feel like I bring to the guild is an extreme commitment and consistency level. I've been in the raiding scene (albeit in WoW) for an extensive amount of time. Most of that time I was either an officer or guild leader. I know how to get along well with others, I know about raiding in a group with 20-40 people (not characters). I have a thick skin and follow instructions well. I am eager to learn about this vast part of EQ that I never got to experience. What I’m looking for from you guys is a place that is as respectful of my time as I am of its. I like organized raid that start and end on time. I'm all about cutting up and having a good time in Discord during raid hours as long as it is not to the detriment of the raiding event.

15. Why do Halflings have to be called Halflings and not Hobbits? Is this some legal mumbo jumbo? Because that's weak.  They're short, they have hairy feet, and they eat like they don't know where their next meal is coming from. Don't tell me that's not a Hobbit!

16. Anything you'd like to add?

Why yes! Thank you for asking. Kidding aside, I do want to point out a couple of things. 1) I'm scheduled to have a very minor surgery tomorrow morning. I believe you guys have a raid on Thursday night and if I am accepted I would love to make that raid. However, if I am high on pain meds, I don't know that that would lead to the best first impression of me. So if the officers/leaders are willing to accept me, I hope they can understand me wanting to play Thursday night by ear. 2) My wife is graduating from dental school in the middle of May. Come June/July there is a 95% chance I'll be relocating. It's not a huge move. Only about 2.5 hours. However, there could be a small bit of downtime for that transition. I sometimes work from home so internet and computer will be of the upmost importance. I realize this is several months off but I do believe in being up front about things. If there are any questions regarding this please fire away.

Also I know the posts say no fresh 60's. I don't know what that constitutes. My Necro and Druid maybe have a few pieces that cost a few thousand pp, if that. They're pretty rough – I won't lie. However that's mainly due to me trying to funnel my funds to my Rogue. I've got some fairly higher end pieces on him. Higher end for me anyhow. Just finished my Epic, got the Eyepatch of Plunder, Lodi Shell, Belt of the Turtle, Haze Panther Hate and a few others. I certainly intend to focus on the Necro and Druid too but that will be after Rogue is no longer a liability.

Well that's all I've got guys. I've always gone by Vikrum and so that's the reason for my names of all my dudes. People call me Vik. I'm here to answer any and all questions. Should I be accepted I look forward to many nights of adventuring ahead.

Vikrum2083

Back to top Go down

Vikrogue -- 60 Rogue Empty Re: Vikrogue -- 60 Rogue

Post by Tollen Tue Apr 04, 2017 3:18 pm

Hello,

Thanks for apping, contact myself or Atno tonight or tomorrow!

Tollen
Officers
Officers

Back to top Go down

Post by Zetterbeard Tue Apr 04, 2017 5:40 pm

I've been in contact with Vik for a few weeks about this. I'll corroborate much of what he's said in his post, he's expressed a lot of interest in joining us and being an active and transparent member. I've gone over pretty much all there is to go over with him, and he understands and is on board with it all. He'll be a good addition and can hit the ground running.

Zetterbeard
Members
Members

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down